Victorian roadmap may be released as early as weekend; NSW to outline next reopening steps; ACT to end lockdown tomorrow. Follow all the day’s news live
- Wilcannia celebrates two weeks without a new case
- Home quarantine apps spark privacy fears
- Victorian post office licensee backs down over refusal to get Covid jab
- How do I get a digital certificate to prove my vaccination status?
- I’m double vaccinated and live in NSW. What are my new freedoms?
- Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Wilcannia locals are celebrating the news there have been no new Covid cases for two weeks but say they are now on the long path to recovery after the virus hit “like a cyclone” in August.
Yesterday was the 15th consecutive day of no new cases, an “incredible” outcome according to Brendon Adams, who runs Wilcannia River radio and who worked on the frontline during the crisis.
We are actively considering our MIQ settings in light of the fact that we are unlikely to get back to zero cases … You can expect to see us talking more about that fairly soon.