Boria Majumdar Banned: The BCCI have taken swift action and slammed a two year ban on journalist Boria Majumdar following the controversy involving Wriddhiman Saha. Majumdar had allegedly threatened Saha and the BCCI had appointed an investigation into it, which proved the scribe to be guilty. Follow Insidesport.in for all updates
IPL 2022 Points Table / IPL 2022 Orange Cap / IPL 2022 Purple Cap / IPL 2022 Full Schedule / IPL 2022 Most FOURS / IPL 2022 Most SIXES / TATA IPL 2022 Full Results & Highlights
Boria Majumdar banned: BCCI slap two year ban on Boria Majumdar for ‘threatening’ Wriddhiman Saha – check out
The BCCIhave imposed sanctions on journalist Boria Majumdar after his ugly spat with wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha. Majumdar allegedly threatened Saha following his axe from the Indian team with the latter sharing screenshots of the same.
After Saha’s revelation, the BCCI took matters into its own hands, forming a three-member committee to probe the incident. BCCI Vice-president Rajeev Shukla, treasurer Arun Dhumal and Prabhtej Bhatia, who is an apex council member interviewed both Saha and Majumdar on the allegations before making the final decision.
Wriddhiman Saha vs Journalist: What are the sanctions on Boria Majumdar?
- Two-year suspension from stadiums.
- BCCI will write to state associations and ban him from all cricket stadiums.
- His existing accreditation will be cancelled.
- BCCI will also inform the ICC of the incident and suspend him from attending any ICC events.
- Cricketers will not be allowed to give interviews to Majumdar.
- Majumdar will not be allowed to interview or contact any Indian cricketer.