Cristiano Ronaldo REJECTS ambitious offer from the A-League amid Al Nassr links


Cristiano Ronaldo REJECTS ambitious offer from the A-League after his acrimonious Manchester United exit as chief reveals the Portugal superstar ‘has other priorities’ amid lucrative Saudi Arabia offer

Cristiano Ronaldo has rejected a move to Australia as the Portugal superstar weighs up his next career move.

Ronaldo, 37, is searching for a new club after mutually agreeing to part ways with Manchester United following his explosive interview with Piers Morgan on TalkTV last month.

A-League chief Danny Townsend disclosed audacious plans to lure Ronaldo to Australia shortly after Ronaldo’s United exit, but has now confirmed that the 37-year-old has knocked back their offer.

Cristiano Ronaldo has rejected an offer to move to the A-League in Australia next year

Danny Townsend outlined audacious plans to sign the free agent after his Man United exit

Danny Townsend outlined audacious plans to sign the free agent after his Man United exit

‘We had interesting discussions, and there was genuine interest, but it’s clear he has other priorities at this stage,’ he told the Sydney Morning Herald. 

Ronaldo has been strongly linked with a lucrative switch to the Middle East, with Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr reportedly tabling an offer worth £173million (AU$314.5m) per season.

However, the former Real Madrid and Juventus star dismissed those reports after Portugal’s 6-1 win over Switzerland on Tuesday night. 

‘No, that’s not true – not true,’ he said. 

Al Nassr’s proposal was reportedly a two and a half year deal until the summer of 2025.

But he has since revealed that Ronaldo 'has other priorities' and has rejected the offer

But he has since revealed that Ronaldo ‘has other priorities’ and has rejected the offer

Sources close to Ronaldo on Monday had told Sportsmail reports of a deal being complete were ‘nonsense’. 

The forward had previously made no comments over his future during the World Cup campaign but now it seems as if he won’t be moving to Saudi Arabia.

In the extraordinary aforementioned interview with Morgan, Ronaldo had admitted rumours of a €350m offer for two seasons from an unnamed Saudi Arabian club in the summer were true – which he had declined. 

Al-Nassr are one of the most successful clubs in Saudi Arabia, having being crowned winners of the country’s top flight nine times, with their most recent triumph coming in 2019.

Following Portugal’s win over Switzerland, Ronaldo’s next assignment will be in the quarter-finals against Morocco on Saturday at 3pm (GMT). 



Source link