IPL 2022 – IPL Governing Council Meeting: The IPL Governing Council (GC) is meeting today to take some important decisions for the 15th edition of the IPL & Media Rights Tender. The IPL GC will discuss the report submitted by the legal committee on Ahmedabad franchise & will officially announce the auction dates & venues. Meanwhile BCCI has decided to engage KPMG to manage the IPL media rights tender for the board – Follow IPL 2022 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN
KPMG will guide the board on the tender process. The official announcement will be made by the BCCI after the IPL GC Meeting.
IPL 2022 Mega Auction: BCCI informs franchises, ‘IPL auction on February 12, 13 in Bengaluru’ – Follow Live Updates
IPL 2022: Great Christmas Gift coming IPL & CVC Capital way, ‘Ahmedabad IPL Franchise set to get GREEN-SIGNAL’ says BCCI official
IPL 2022: IPL Governing Council to meet today, KPMG hired to handle IPL Media Rights Tender: Follow LIVE Upates
IPL Governing Council Meeting: The crucial IPL GC meeting will decide & discuss following matters –
- IPL 2022 Mega Auction Dates / Venues: As reported by InsideSport earlier, BCCI is likely to conduct IPL Auctions on Feb 12th & 13th in Bengaluru. The IPL GC will officially announce the dates today
- CVC Ownership of Ahmedabad Franchsie: The IPL GC will today discuss the reprot submitted by the legal committee on CVC Ownership of Ahmedabad franchise. As reported earlier, the legal committee has already given a clean chit CVC Ownership and now IPL GC will discuss and announce the decision.
- IPL Media Rights Tender: KPMG hired and IPL GC will make official announcement & the datelines in regard to release of tender will be decided.
- IPL 2022 Plan B: In wake of Covid-19 3rd wave, IPL GC will discuss the Plan B for IPL 2022 Season 15.
IPL Media Rights Tender: Sourav Ganguly says, ‘Auctions coming soon, BCCI should fetch above 40,000 Crore from IPL rights’, check details
When will be the IPL Media Rights Tender Released? The BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has recently declared that the IPL Media Rights tender will be conducted soon. The tender for the potential bidders will be released before January.
According to Ganguly tender should easily fetch more than 40,000 Crores for the Indian cricket.
“12,000 Crore for sale of two franchises was phenomenal. Fingers crossed, we should get 40,000 crore plus from the IPL Media Rights. The tenders will be conducted soon by the BCCI”, declared BCCI President.
IPL Governing Council Meeting: BCCI is likely to deploy e-auction module to finalize new media rights partner for the Indian Premier League (IPL).
According to the information available with InsideSport, BCCI has internally decided that the e-auction will ensure better price discovery. The new cycle of rights will be auctioned for 5 year period i.e 2023 to 2027. But now with KPMG coming on board, BCCI can have a rethink on the module.
Who can potentially bid for the Rights? The incumbent Disney Star Network, Sony, Reliance Viacom 18 and Amazon Prime Video are likely to be the potential bidders.
Amazon Enters Cricket Streaming – Will Amazon Bid for IPL Rights? In November 2020, Prime Video became the first streaming service in India to secure exclusive live cricket rights from a major cricketing board.
As a part of the multi-year deal, international men’s and women’s cricket matches played in New Zealand – across ODI, T20 and tests – will be available exclusively on Prime Video.
Now according to the well placed sources, world’s leading e-commerce company is likely to eye forthcoming IPL Media Rights Tender.
“Amazon can surely bid. They are now cricket ready with streaming services around cricket. I don’t think so they will shy away from the IPL Bids”, said one of the well placed source.
Amazon Prime Video Cricket Offering – New Zeland vs Bangladesh LIVE Streaming starts 1st January
- Indian and New Zealand Women’s Cricket Series in February 2022.
- Indian and New Zealand Men’s Cricket Teams scheduled for November 2022.
- Bangladesh’s tour of New Zealand in January 2022
- South Africa’s tour in February 2022,
- Australia’s tour in March 2022 and
- Netherland’s tour in March/ April 2022.
– Advertisement –