Lionel Messi’s Birthday Celebrations – Messi’s 35th Birthday: One of the world’s most followed and highest paid footballer Lionel Messi is 35 today. The champion footballer is celebrating his birthday in style with family and friend Cesc Fabregas. Messi since last 5 days have hired a LUXURY YATCH by the name of ‘SHALIMAR’. The cost for the same £60,000-a-week (Rs.60 Lakh): Follow Lionel Messi News & Football News LIVE with InsideSport.IN
The football legend is in Ibiza with his wife and kids during their summer break. And they have rented out a stunning £60,000-a-week yacht in the Meditteranean Sea.
The name of YATCH is Shalimar II. His wife Antonela and their 3 boys Mateo, nine, Thiago, six, and Ciro, four are accompanying them.
Lionel Messi’s Birthday Celebrations: Messi celebrates his 35th BIRTHDAY in style with wife and friend Cesc Fabregas, hires 60Lakh a week LUXURY YATCH ‘SHALIMAR’: CHECK OUT
Messi’s 35th Birthday: His former Barcelona team-mate Fabregas with his family is also on the yatch.
More about Shalimar II yacht: Messi has hired the 27-metre Shalimar II yacht for 60 LAKH a week rent. The yatch was refurbished in 2018 and can accommodate up to eight guests overnight.
Messi rocked a pair of jazzy colourful shorts as Antonela stunned in an aqua blue bikini.
- The footballer is also known as ‘The Flea’ for his agility and speed.
- Messi is one of the richest football players in the world.
- Carles Rexach, Barcelona’s first team director was so impressed with his skills that he signed him immediately. Since there was no paper available at that moment the contract was written on a tissue paper.
- Messi made his FC Barcelona debut in 2003 in a match against RCD Espanyol. He was all of 17 at that time and was the third youngest person ever to play for Barcelona. Not only that he was also the youngest player to ever score for the club.
- He has two passports. As he is a citizen of Argentina and Spain. He took Spanish citizenship in 2005.
- Messi inherited the Barcelona jersey No.10 from iconic footballer Ronaldinho in 2008.
- The footballer won his first FIFA World Player of the Year award in 2009.
- The Royal Spanish Football Federation had approached the ace player to join the Spanish Football Team but he denied the offer.
- He founded the Leo Messi Foundation that aims at providing children with the best education and healthcare facilities.
- After moving out of Barcelona, Messi now plays as a forward for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG)
Follow Lionel Messi News & Football News LIVE with InsideSport.IN