IPL 2022 Playoff Race – Mumbai Indians Most Embarassing Record: IPL’s most successful team Mumbai Indians have now also become the team with MOST EMBARASSING RECORD in IPL History. MI now has become the team with most loses ever at the start of season. The 7 defeats has almost KNOCKED OUT Mumbai Indians of IPL Playoff Race: Follow all the IPL 2022 live updates on InsideSport.IN
Mumbai Indians Most Embarassing Record:
- Mumbai Indians has lost 7 matches in a row in 2022 from the start of the season. This is the worst losing streak from the start of a season by a team.
- Prior to its match against CSK on April 21, MI’s six-game losing streak was not unique.
- The Delhi Daredevils (in 2013) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (in 2019) also had six successive losses each from the start.
- But now MI Rules the ROOST with MOST EMBARASSING RECORD of IPL History
CSK beat MI Highlights
IPL 2022 Points Table / IPL 2022 Orange Cap / IPL 2022 Purple Cap / IPL 2022 Full Schedule / IPL 2022 Most FOURS / IPL 2022 Most SIXES
IPL 2022 Greatest Finisher: R Jadeja bows his head to ‘Ageless’ MS Dhoni after stuff of a CHAMPION, says, ‘He’s still here and doing it for us’- check out
IPL 2022 Playoff Race: Mumbai Indians ‘practically KNOCKED OUT’ of IPL Playoffs RACE, registers MOST EMBARASSING RECORD in IPL History
With 7 matches still left, Rohit Sharma & Co would be hoping for this season to end ASAP. Even if MI goes on to achieve the IMPOSSIBLE task and win all the remaining games, there is still a question mark on MI reaching the IPL 2022 Playoffs.
MI in IPL 2022- Results
- Lost to DC by 4 wkts
- Lost to RR by 23 runs
- Lost to KKR by 5 wkts
- Lost to RCB by 7 wkts
- Lost to PBKS by 12 runs
- Lost to LSG by 18 runs
- Lost to CSK by 3 wkts
- MI have now become the first team to lose its first seven matches of an IPL season
- On the practical front, one more loss means Mumbai Indians would instead be looking to avoid the bottom place at the end of IPL 2022.
- The five-time champions can reach a maximum of 14 points if they win all their remaining fixtures.
- Even in the above case, Rohit Sharma & Co will be fully reliant on all the other teams to get an outside chance of qualifying for playoffs on Net Run Rate (NRR).
- At least 3/4 teams will have to compete on 14 points for the fourth place for MI to stay in the race for knockouts.
- In 2011, 14 matches group matches were played by every 10 teams, PBKS had failed to make the cut with 14 points to stay 5th.
– Most successful IPL team (5 titles)
— Bharath Seervi (@SeerviBharath) April 21, 2022
Here’s the latest updated IPL 2022 league table after MI vs CSK
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||7||5||2||0||10||0.251|
|Lucknow Super Giants||7||4||3||0||8||0.124|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||7||3||4||0||6||0.16|
|Chennai Super Kings||7||2||5||0||4||-0.534|
Upcoming matches for MI
- LSG vs MI on April 24
- RR vs MI on April 30
- GT vs MI on May 6
- MI vs KKR on May 9
- CSK vs MI on May 12
- MI vs SRH on May 17
- MI vs DC on May 21
IPL 2022 Points Table: NIGHTMARE for Rohit Sharma’s Mumbai Indians after 7th consecutive loss, mathematically out of IPL 2022 PLAYOFF RACE- check out
IPL 2022 Points Table: CSK remain 9th after last-ball win over bottom-placed MI, Gujarat Titans remain top on NRR – Check full standings
For more sports news and IPL 2022 live score updates, follow us at InsideSport.IN