Puma Sales in India – Virat Kohli Promoted PUMA: PUMA’s decision to appoint former Indian captain Virat Kohli as brand ambassador has completely paid-off. The German sportswear maker has broken all past SALES RECORDS in India. PUMA who is also the sponsor of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) registered gross sales of 2,044 Crore in FY2021. Follow Sports Business News Updates & IPL 2022 LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
The PUMA sales this year is more than combined sales of Adidas, Nike & Reebok sales in India:
IPL 2022: MS Dhoni’s defending champions CSK struck by 3 BIG PROBLEMS,…
IPL 2022 RULE Change: BCCI introudces 2 BIG RULE CHANGES for IPL…
PUMA Sales in India: Virat Kohli promoted PUMA breaks all SALES RECORD in India, registers 2044 Crore sales for FY21
Puma Sales in India – RCB Sponsor PUMA: The Indian market at one stage was dominated by brands like NIKE, Adidas & Reebok. PUMA was the poor cousin at No. 4. The things have drastically changed for the company in last few years.
The aggressive expansion and marketing strategy of the company has paid off.
The sales numbers of FY21 clearly narrates the turnaround. PUMA has garnered more revenue than the combined sales of its rivals Adidas, Nike and Reebok.
Puma even surpassed footwear company Bata for the first time in sales.
How did PUMA make a turnaround? How and why PUMA clocked RECORD-SALES?
- The aggressive marketing and expansion strategy has paid off for PUMA
- PUMA fortunes started changing in India when PUMA engaged Indian captain Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador. Kohli was signed for record 110 Cr – 8 year deal.
- The expansion of PUMA’s reach was also fast paced. Last financial year company opened a new store every week
- From less than 50 stores in 2018, PUMA today has 411 outlets
- The brand also generated robust online demand as it had invested in e-commerce a few years ago.
- Puma generates nearly 43% of its sales from ecommerce, a sharp jump from 25% in 2019.
- The RECORD last fiscal year was the result of increase awareness about fitness and surging demand for ‘athleisure’ wear in the country
Last calendar year, the company sold 1.2 lakh pairs of footwear according to reports.
It also outsold sports retailer Decathlon and apparel brands Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) and Zara, according to the latest filings with the Registrar of Companies.
It is worth noting that PUMA also sponsors Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL. Along with RCB company has launched complete range.
Follow Sports Business News Updates & IPL 2022 LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
– Advertisement –