IND vs ENG Weather Report – INDIA England Edgbaston Test: It seems Indian Cricket team is being chased by RAIN everywhere off-late. First it was home series vs South Africa, then Ireland T20 series and now INDIA vs England 5th Test – Rain is expected play the ROLE of SPOILER once again. According to weather forecasts for Birmingham, the rescheduled Test match starting on Friday will be impacted by RAIN SHOWERS on DAY 1 itself: Follow India vs England LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN.
- India will take on England on Friday at Edgbaston in the fifth Test
- Rain Shower is predicted for the DAY 1 of the match
- English summer is often interrupted by rain at this time of the year
- Both teams will be eager to make their claim to win the Edgbaston Test
IND vs ENG Weather Report: ‘Not too good’ forecast for Day 1 of the Edgbaston Test, RAIN likely to play SPOILSPORT: Follow IND vs ENG LIVE
Also Read: India Tour of Ireland: Captain Hardik Pandya all set to get extended RUN, selector says ‘He is in plans for captaincy role to manage Rohit’s workload’
IND vs ENG: What does the Forecast say? –
- The weather forecast for the Day 1 of the fifth Test match is not great as there could be rain in Birmingham on Friday.
- The poor weather pattern is expected to continue for the Day 2 and Day 3.
- However, it is mostly expected to be sunny for the rest of the match for the fans to enjoy.
- The weather forecasts have predicted rain to be on shorter spell, with not much playing time to be wasted.
- However, the weekend could be dry and humid and full capacity crowds could be on offer.
India facing Rain dilemma-
The Indian team has been facing rain dilemma over the course of last few matches with rain part of the preparations. Earlier India had their final T20I against South Africa washed out by rain as Bangalore witnessed monsoon showers.
The same happened for the T20I side when they faced Ireland on Sunday after rain interrupted proceedings. The match was curtailed to 12 overs per side and Rain was the main reason for it with over two hours wasted. If this is the feature of the weather in England, India could yet again be on the receiving end.
The consequences of Rain interruption could be a blessing in disguise for India as they have a 2-1 lead in the series. On the flip side, England will have to win in any condition to salvage something from the series.
IND vs ENG Weather Report: After Covid-19 Rain becomes latest hurdle as Showers expected on Day 1 of the Edgbaston Test- Check Out
Also Read: England Squad India Test: No Jos Buttler, Ollie Robinson for 5th Test against India, Covid-struck Foakes named in squad: Follow Live Updates
India face selection headache-
- Covid Stuck Rohit Sharma has remained in isolation for Team India as the management faces headache over his replacement.
- In absence of KL Rahul, it could be interesting who partners Shubman Gill at opening slot.
- Mayank Agarwal has left for Birmingham while KS Bharat was operated in the same slot for the warm-up match against Leicestershire.
- Elsewhere India are expected to go as assumed, with Jasprit Bumrah likely to take charge of the Indian team in absence of both Rohit and Rahul.
- England have also announced their squad for the Test match with Ben Foakes and Sam Billings both part of the squad.
England squad for India Test: Ben Stokes (c), James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Sam Billings (wk), Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Foakes (wk), Jack Leach, Alex Lees, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Matthew Potts, Ollie Pope, Joe Root
India Squad for England Test: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Srikar Bharat (wk)
*Rohit Sharma can miss the Test match as he is yet to recover from Covid-19 bout
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS/Follow India vs England LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN. InsideSport.IN.