GOAL! Shrewsbury Town 0-2 Wigan Athletic (Keane 50 pen). Max Power takes a shot from the edge of the box. It’s blocked by a hand, and the referee points to the spot. Will Keane steps up and fires the penalty into the top left. Wigan are so close to the title now!
… so this is how things stand at the minute. Wigan will be promoted as League One champions, with Rotherham bagging the other automatic promotion spot. MK Dons, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Wycombe will be in the play-offs; potential for a Wednesday-Sunderland semi-final showdown there, with all its faded 1930s glamour. Gillingham, Wimbledon and Doncaster will be going down with Crewe, Morecambe and Fleetwood breathing a sigh of relief.
All of the League One half-times are in … and it’s extremely bad news for Plymouth Argyle, who are three goals down at home against the usurpers of Milton Keynes. They’re also a man down – Jordan Houghton having been sent packing for two bookable offences – and with Wycombe Wanderers winning at Burton Albion, the Chairboys are in position to take the final seat in the play-offs.
- AFC Wimbledon 0-3 Accrington Stanley
- Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Fleetwood Town
- Burton Albion 0-1 Wycombe Wanderers
- Cambridge United 1-1 Cheltenham Town
- Gillingham 0-1 Rotherham United
- Ipswich Town 2-0 Charlton Athletic
- Lincoln City 0-1 Crewe Alexandra
- Morecambe 0-1 Sunderland
- Oxford United 1-0 Doncaster Rovers
- Plymouth Argyle 0-3 MK Dons
- Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 Portsmouth
- Shrewsbury Town 0-1 Wigan Athletic
There’s some hot Premier League action coming up, at the traditional time of Saturday 3pm. Hold onto your hats for …
Aston Villa v Norwich City
Southampton v Crystal Palace
Watford v Burnley
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion
BUT ALSO! BONUS! EXTRA! It’s all about to come down in League One, so we’ll be on top of how things are panning out immediately, if not sooner.
- Can Wigan get the point they need at Shrewsbury to clinch promotion?
- Can Rotherham make sure of going up by beating Gillingham?
- Can MK Dons, certain of a play-off spot, take advantage of any slip-ups by beating Plymouth?
- Which of Argyle, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Wycombe will make the play-offs?
- Will Gillingham, Fleetwood or Morecambe go down?
Let’s find out!